Better than a bird’s eye view
Carmenta ControlTower™ extends Carmenta TrafficWatch™ with automated tools for optimised decision-making in the management and operation of any CAV (Connected and Automated Vehicles) fleet. Carmenta ControlTower™ collects information from any CAV and can collaborate in real-time with other parts of a fleet management centre, such as planning and logistics modules, delivery management, and ERP systems. CAVs are safely monitored, leveraging sensor data and continuous analysis of the physical environment. Deployed as a set of cloud services, Carmenta ControlTower™ offers a secure and scalable solution for the safer and more efficient operation of vehicle fleets.
- Virtual control room for remote fleet operation
- Keep track of individual CAVs in a larger operation
- Analyse how external factors influence ongoing operations
- Better planning of operations based on knowledge about the overall traffic situation
- Facilitate automated decisions for autonomous fleets
- Ease collaboration through the sharing of information
- Built-in connectors to external data sources
- Detect disruptions and act before these affect operations
- Speed up fleet delivery while maintaining quality
- See beyond sensors
- Utilise eye-in-the-sky and a virtual control room for remote operation
- Facilitate automated decisions for autonomous driving
- Resolve and remedy CAV breakdowns
- Back up CAV operation in the cloud
In the field
Use cases for Carmenta's Automotive Technology
Autonomous utility vehicles
Ground and utility vehicles have become the first to be fully autonomous.
Traffic management involves monitoring traffic flows and providing advice about traffic congestion to improve safety and efficiency in the transportation network.
Situational awareness at sea
The need for situational awareness in maritime traffic management is increasing all the time, especially as we move towards the era of autonomous shipping and more centralised maritime traffic management.
Feb 02, 2021
Watch the new video about collaborating Control Towers
The project “Automated Vehicle Traffic Control Tower 2” have developed a Control Tower testbed for automated vehicles. The testbed is a networked system of connected small lab vehicles, a driving …
Dec 01, 2020
Cloud enhancement of vehicle sensor data for increased traffic safety
The partners of the CeViSS – “Cloud enhanced Vehicle intelligent Sensor Sharing” project, today presented its results in Gothenburg and via web-cast. The project has implemented and tested technology for …
Feb 03, 2020
Situational Awareness beyond sensor reach for autonomous vehicles
At the Dubai World Congress for self-driving transport 2019, Carmenta presented results from the collaboration project “Autonomous Driving Aware Traffic Control”. The project demonstrated a central cloud-based traffic management system …
Request a trial
Interested in learning more about Carmenta ControlTower™? Or ready to get started? Fill in the form below. One of our team members will get in touch with you.