Carmenta ControlTower™ extends Carmenta TrafficWatch™ with automated tools for optimised decision-making in the management and operation of any CAV (Connected and Automated Vehicles) fleet. Carmenta ControlTower™ collects information from any CAV and can collaborate in real-time with other parts of a fleet management centre, such as planning and logistics modules, delivery management, and ERP systems. CAVs are safely monitored, leveraging sensor data and continuous analysis of the physical environment. Deployed as a set of cloud services, Carmenta ControlTower™ offers a secure and scalable solution for the safer and more efficient operation of vehicle fleets.
Better than a bird's eye view
Carmenta ControlTower™ comes with out-of-the-box tools for compiling situational awareness data from a multitude of internal and external data providers. Combined with real-time data collected from fleet CAVs it gives an outstanding overview of the operational environment that provides for a safer and more efficient transport system.
- Virtual control room for remote fleet operation
- Keep track of individual CAVs in a larger operation
- Analyse how external factors influence ongoing operations
- Better planning of operations based on knowledge about the overall traffic situation
- Facilitate automated decisions for autonomous fleets
- Ease collaboration through the sharing of information
- Built-in connectors to external data sources
- Detect disruptions and act before these affect operations
- Speed up fleet delivery while maintaining quality
- See beyond sensors
- Utilise eye-in-the-sky and a virtual control room for remote operation
- Facilitate automated decisions for autonomous driving
- Resolve and remedy CAV breakdowns
- Back up CAV operation in the cloud
In the field
Use cases for Carmenta's Automotive Technology
Autonomous utility vehicles
Ground and utility vehicles have become the first to be fully autonomous.
Traffic management involves monitoring traffic flows and providing advice about traffic congestion to improve safety and efficiency in the transportation network.
Situational awareness at sea
The need for situational awareness in maritime traffic management is increasing all the time, especially as we move towards the era of autonomous shipping and more centralised maritime traffic management.
Nov 14, 2023
Stellantis powers C-ITS services with Carmenta TrafficWatch
Stellantis, one of the world’s leading automakers and a mobility provider, has started tests and evaluation of Carmenta Automotive’s product Carmenta TrafficWatchTM for cooperative ITS services. The test will be …
Mar 05, 2021
Learn about Cloud Enhanced Sensor Data Sharing from the CeVISS project report.
In the newly published project report of the CeViSS – “Cloud enhanced Vehicle intelligent Sensor Sharing” project, the partners presents findings and insights. Read how: data registered by vehicle sensors, …
Feb 02, 2021
Watch the new video about collaborating Control Towers
The project “Automated Vehicle Traffic Control Tower 2” have developed a Control Tower testbed for automated vehicles. The testbed is a networked system of connected small lab vehicles, a driving …
Request a trial
Interested in learning more about Carmenta ControlTower™? Or ready to get started? Fill in the form below. One of our team members will get in touch with you.
CONTACT ONE OF US FOR A DISCUSSION ON CONNECTED AND AUTOMATED VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY