Account Executive, DACH region
We are looking for a full-time Account Executive for our Geospatial Technologies business focusing on the DACH business region. The role has the responsibility to continue building a strong German team to support our prospective customers in parallel to growing existing major accounts. Seeking defence industry experience, the ideal candidate will have demonstrated performance in establishing relationships and closing software sales in the German, Swiss or Austrian commercial and military industries (B2B).
You will be responsible for the entire business development life cycle from identification/creation of leads, through qualification, to presentation of solution and demonstrations, preparation of proposals and quotations, to order closure. Additionally, you bring with you a significant contact network that can deliver results. Ultimately, growing the DACH business in alignment with Carmenta Geospatial Technologies’ strategic direction.
This position is located at our office in central Munich, with the possibility for a hybrid setup both working on-site and remotely. In this position you will be required to travel within the DACH business region as well as periodically travel to Sweden.
If you find interest in this job opening, we look forward to receiving your application with an up-to-date curriculum vitae to email@example.com .
Other essential work functions include:
- Work within the DACH Defence markets to identify target programs where Carmenta’s technology, solutions and experience will provide benefits and advantages
- Structures, secures approval and executes negotiation strategies to capture contracts
- Coordinate with other departments within Carmenta Geospatial Technologies business development meetings, technical meetings, trials and evaluations of software products, following up with potential customers and closing sales of licensed software products
- Effectively represent Carmenta Geospatial Technologies among industry partners, tradeshows and peer groups as required
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of product roadmaps
What We Offer:
- A unique opportunity to operate in the exciting and innovative field of geospatial software technology
- A modern and creative international environment and where the work with our customers includes some of the world’s most reputable technology companies
- An opportunity to impact our strategy and be part of implementing the same
- Key role in expanding Carmenta Geospacial Technologies’ business in Germany/DACH
- You will be part of a dynamic and dedicated team
- A workplace at our office in the heart of Munich, close to Viktualienmarkt, as well as hybrid work possibilities
Who you are:
- You have an outstanding track record of developing and winning business
- You are experienced in orchestrating internal teams of pre-sales, product management and marketing
- You are interested in technology and its usage in the Defence and Security domain
- You believe in yourself and have a positive attitude
- Your strong communication skills ensure the capability of working with people of various nationalities, profiles and on varying levels of hierarchy
- Together with your colleagues you contribute to the inclusive and curious culture that we highly value at Carmenta. We all work towards our personal targets and win as a team
- Military experience (a distinct advantage) in Defence ISR, C2 systems, Battle Management Systems and/or Unmanned Systems
- Experience in sales of mission critical software systems
- Experience in COTS software sales and marketing
- Experience from the Unmanned Aviation Systems industry
- Experience in partnering/teaming with Defence Industry Prime Contractors is a differentiator
- University BSc degree or equivalent competency and experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Defence Industry or equivalent, preferably with a software / systems integration business
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant sales or business development experience
- Willingness to regularly travel within the DACH region and periodically to Sweden
- Excellent verbal and written English and German communication
Please send your application and a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply below.
Carmenta has supplied world-class software to mission-critical systems for more than 35 years – systems in which superior situational awareness is the key to success. We provide high performance and innovative software products, help our clients to develop their client-specific solutions and offer a wide range of services that help some of the world’s most technologically advanced customers optimise their operations using real-time geospatial information. Carmenta has offices in Sweden, France, Germany, UK and US. Our skilled DACH team is to be further strengthened with an Account Executive.
Carmenta is proud to be a diverse and inclusive workplace. Incoming applications are only evaluated for their professional qualifications, and talents are considered regardless of race, skin color, religion, gender, sexual identity, nationality, severe disability or age.