Experienced software project manager
Carmenta has been supplying world-class software for mission-critical systems for more than 35 years – systems in which superior situational awareness is the key to success. We provide high performance and innovative software products, develop client-specific solutions, and offer a wide range of services that help some of the world’s most technologically advanced customers optimize their operations using real-time geospatial information. Carmenta has offices in Sweden, France, Germany, UK, and US.
About the position
We deliver cutting-edge software products for analyzing and visualizing geographic data and our products are used in solutions by several major system integrators in the defense, security, transportation, and public safety domains where high quality, performance, and long-term support is essential.
Carmenta Engine is a Software Development Kit (SDK) that our customers use to incorporate advanced geographical functionality into their own systems, and we support several operating systems, processor architectures, programming languages.
Carmenta Server is a map server that allows organizations to publish and share map data using standardized web services either as a traditional server or in container engines.
We are looking for an experienced project manager for our product development department in Göteborg, Sweden.
- You have a university degree from an IT or software program.
- You have worked at least five years with software development.
- You have worked at least three years as project manager in the software industry.
- You are an enthusiastic leader, good at motivating and inspiring your team.
- You have a genuine interest in technology and software development.
- You are fluent in Swedish and English.
Valuable, but not essential experience:
- You have managed agile software projects.
- You have used either GitLab, GitHub or Bitbucket/Jira to manage software development.
- You have worked in, or managed, C++ projects.
- Using Windows and Linux environments.
Some of the tasks you will be responsible for are:
- Planning product development.
- Running product development projects.
- Follow up and report status and progress.
- Continuously evaluate and improve development processes.
What we offer:
- You will be working in an innovative environment with highly experienced engineers.
- You will have an opportunity to mix working from home and the office.
- You will receive good employment conditions and competitive compensation.
Please fill in the application below and send a copy of your CV and we will contact you as soon as possible.