- End user desktop application for creating background maps for Carmenta Engine based systems.
- Maps created in Carmenta Map Builder can also be loaded in Carmenta Server for direct publishing as Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) compliant map services.
- Provides ability to define comprehensive metadata such as title, abstract, responsible organisation and revision date for each map.
- All metadata can be defined in multiple languages.
- Fully configurable vector map visualisation – colours, symbols, line styles, patterns, texts etc. can all be modified. All visualisation changes are immediately reflected in the map preview.
- Easily define legends for all vector layers by geographically “picking” the features that should be included in the legend.
- Ability to define project-specific colour palettes to ensure that a consistent colour scheme is applied across all map layers.
- Automatically defines suitable maximum scales for added layers to ensure that the created maps have high performance.
- Project validation functionality automatically detects potential problems in map project, such as missing layer descriptions.
- Provides ability to test the map with all graphics renderers supported by Carmenta Engine.
- Maps can be previewed in Carmenta Explorer from any installed Carmenta Engine version.
- Map can be rotated to verify behaviour in moving map systems.
- Automatically notifies the user about changes to the underlying data sources and the corresponding effect on the map presentation.
SUPPORTED MAP FORMATS
- Comma-separated values (.csv)
- Esri Shape (.shp)
- Esri File Geodatabase
- IHO S-57
- JPEG2000 (.jp2)
- MapInfo (.mif, .tab)
- OpenStreetMap (.osm, .o5m, .pbf)
- Collada 3D models (.dae)
Map layers can also be added from existing map configuration files created in Carmenta Studio. Additional input formats supported by Carmenta’s geospatial technology can easily be added on request – contact Carmenta for more information.
SUPPORTED OUTPUT FORMATS
- Folder Output – copies geodata and Carmenta Engine configurations to a folder for easy distribution to target system.
- Windows Installer – packages geodata and Carmenta Engine configuration into an MSI file for manual installation or automatic deployment.
- OGC Geopackage – generates optimised, pre-rendered OGC Geopackages from the source data, or converts all source data to an OGC Geopackage.