Carmenta Server is Carmenta’s web map server product for service-oriented architectures (SOAs).
It is the ideal tool for building and maintaining highly scalable, web-based map applications, as well as supporting your existing map applications with centralised map services.
A straightforward set-up, small footprint, and simple administration make it easy to integrate into any new or existing system architecture.
Carmenta Server adjusts well to various system configurations, allowing it to run on a single PC or laptop, and scales efficently to run equally well on large server clusters or on a cloud platform. Its modern .NET Core and ASP.NET Core architecture ensures that it will continue to operate efficently in the future.
Docker Containers or Windows Server
Carmenta Server is available in two versions for two different platforms, which share the same codebase with almost identical feature sets:
Carmenta Server for Windows Server is the mature and proven web map server that has been deployed in numerous mission-critical systems by customers for more than 15 years.
Carmenta Server Core for Docker containers enables distribution and deployment of containerised geospatial services for integration with micro-service architectures. Benefits include optimised resource utilisation and higher performance, as well as high isolation and portability of containers.
Why choose Carmenta Server?
- Carmenta Server is the first mission-critical geospatial server designed to be hosted in a cloud environment – already in operational use.
- Future-proof technology, realised through a wide range of deployment scenarios: from cloud-native Docker containers, hosted or on-premises, to Windows and Linux servers.
- Highly flexible licensing model, allowing easy and dynamic scaling, with no license server required to regulate access.
- No pre-processing required – read a large number of different geospatial data formats in real-time:
- Standardised raster, vector, elevation and 3D model formats.
- All common geospatial databases.
- Military, nautical, aeronautical, weather and other sources.
- Remote OGC services.
- Virtually any data with coordinates, using small custom code snippets.
- Easily define how geospatial data is processed, filtered and visualised using intuitive high-end UI tools.
- Simultaneously publish the geospatial data on multiple services:
- A large number of different certified and compliant OGC services.
- MapBox Vector Tiles services.
- Cesium 3D Tiles and terrain services.
- Support for military tactical symbols.
- Access published vector styles, symbols and other visualisation services to simplify the configuration of client visualisation.
- Publish advanced geospatial analysis services, including line of sight, vertical profile, vertical clearance and heat maps, using the many built in analysis functions – or using small custom code snippets to support your own analysis algorithms.
Extensions and add-ons
Create highly specialised maps
More about Carmenta Server
Jan 21, 2020
Carmenta Server Core 2019.1 released
Carmenta is pleased to announce the release of Carmenta Server Core 2019.1, our web map server targeting the Docker container platform. The new release is built on Carmenta Engine 5.13, …
Jan 10, 2020
Carmenta Engine 5.13 released
Carmenta is pleased to announce the release of Carmenta Engine 5.13, our powerful geospatial software development kit for Windows, Linux and Android. The new release introduces the next generation of …
Dec 18, 2019
A successful webinar about Carmenta Engine 5.13
Now you are able to watch our latest webinar where Carmenta developers and product management will present new features in the upcoming Carmenta Engine 5.13. Some of the topics that …
In the field
Use cases for Carmenta's geospatial solutions
Battle Management Systems
Carmenta technology is in operational use in several European Battle Management Systems.
Mission Support Systems
Carmenta Engine is currently being used in Mission Planning Systems for major European fighter aircrafts.
UAV ground stations
The number of unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) solutions is constantly increasing. Carmenta Engine is the natural map engine for civil and military solutions.
Carmenta Server and Carmenta Server Core for docker container architectures are in use for several C4I solutions, such as the Swedish maritime surveillance systems.
Self-driving military vehicles
Carmenta’s geospatial technology provides the defence industry with the ability to plan how self-driving military vehicles can move across terrain.
Terrain routing of manned and autonomous vehicles
Carmenta offers a highly dynamic, geospatial data-related solution, with advanced routing functionality for Force Operations.
Carmenta Engine is frequently used as the foundational technology for aerial drone routing applications.
Complete operational picture
Carmenta provides powerful and highly versatile geospatial software components for establishing the clearest possible operational picture.
Request a trial
Interested in learning more about Carmenta Server? Or ready to get started? Fill in the form below. One of our team members will get in touch with you.