Carmenta Server is Carmenta’s web map server product for service-oriented architectures (SOAs).
It is the ideal tool for building and maintaining highly scalable, web-based map applications, as well as supporting your existing map applications with centralised map services.
A straightforward set-up, small footprint, and simple administration make it easy to integrate into any new or existing system architecture.
Carmenta Server adjusts well to various system configurations, allowing it to run on a single PC or laptop, and scales efficently to run equally well on large server clusters or on a cloud platform. Its modern .NET Core and ASP.NET Core architecture ensures that it will continue to operate efficently in the future.
Docker Containers or Windows Server
Carmenta Server is available in two versions for two different platforms, which share the same codebase with almost identical feature sets:
Carmenta Server for Windows Server is the mature and proven web map server that has been deployed in numerous mission-critical systems by customers for more than 15 years.
Carmenta Server Core for Docker containers enables distribution and deployment of containerised geospatial services for integration with micro-service architectures. Benefits include optimised resource utilisation and higher performance, as well as high isolation and portability of containers.
Why choose Carmenta Server?
- Carmenta Server is the first mission-critical geospatial server designed to be hosted in a cloud environment – already in operational use.
- Future-proof technology, realised through a wide range of deployment scenarios: from cloud-native Docker containers, hosted or on-premises, to Windows and Linux servers.
- Highly flexible licensing model, allowing easy and dynamic scaling, with no license server required to regulate access.
- No pre-processing required – read a large number of different geospatial data formats in real-time:
- Standardised raster, vector, elevation and 3D model formats.
- All common geospatial databases.
- Military, nautical, aeronautical, weather and other sources.
- Remote OGC services.
- Virtually any data with coordinates, using small custom code snippets.
- Easily define how geospatial data is processed, filtered and visualised using intuitive high-end UI tools.
- Simultaneously publish the geospatial data on multiple services:
- A large number of different certified and compliant OGC services.
- MapBox Vector Tiles services.
- Cesium 3D Tiles and terrain services.
- Support for military tactical symbols.
- Access published vector styles, symbols and other visualisation services to simplify the configuration of client visualisation.
- Publish advanced geospatial analysis services, including line of sight, vertical profile, vertical clearance and heat maps, using the many built in analysis functions – or using small custom code snippets to support your own analysis algorithms.
Extensions and add-ons
Create highly specialised maps
More about Carmenta Server
Feb 26, 2021
SURVEY Copter, using Carmenta Geospatial Technologies, selected by the French Navy
SURVEY Copter are a subsidiary of the AIRBUS Group and a global pioneer in the design, production and customer operational support of mini UAVs. The company recently signed a contract …
Dec 18, 2020
Carmenta Server 4.7 and Carmenta Server Core 2020.0 released
Carmenta is pleased to announce the release of Carmenta Server 4.7 and Carmenta Server Core 2020.0, our web map server targeting Windows Server and the Docker container platform. The new …
Nov 26, 2020
Carmenta Engine 5.14 released
Carmenta is pleased to announce the release of Carmenta Engine 5.14, our powerful geospatial software development kit for Windows, Linux and Android. The new release introduces the ability to display …
Request a trial
Interested in learning more about Carmenta Server? Or ready to get started? Fill in the form below. One of our team members will get in touch with you.
Contact one of our offices for a discussion of cooperation in the world of geospatial technologies